How can Irecover browser history on microsoft edge

Microsoft Edge seems to have deleted my history before March and I havent found anyway to recover it, people have suggest finding the DbStore file but I could not find that on my computer

|
Hello , sorry about your problems. My name is Marco and I will do my best to help you.

To recover deleted browsing history in Microsoft Edge on Windows 11, there are several methods you can try, although success may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the data loss.

Method 1:
-Open File Explorer by clicking the folder icon in the taskbar or pressing Windows+E.
-Go to C:\Users(Your Username)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User Data.
-Look for files named DBStore or similar. Right-click on these files and select "Restore previous versions" if available. This option might help you recover some of the history if system protection is enabled on your device.

Method 2:
Using Data Recovery Software
If the above method does not yield results, you might consider using third-party data recovery software. These tools can sometimes recover deleted files by scanning your hard drive for remnants of lost data:

-Download and Install a Data Recovery Program. Choose a reputable data recovery tool.
-Run the Software and follow the software’s instructions to scan the directories where Edge data is typically stored (as mentioned above).
-Look for Relevant Files: Specifically, you're looking for files related to Edge's browsing history, which might be stored in formats not directly readable without the browser.

Method 3:
If you had enabled syncing with your Microsoft account before the history was deleted, you might be able to recover your browsing history by accessing your data on another device where the same Microsoft account is logged in, or by looking into the synced data directly in Edge.

Method 4: System Restore
If the data loss occurred recently and you have system restore points set up:
-Open System Restore ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec... )
-Search for 'Create a restore point' in the Windows search bar and open it.
-Choose a restore point from before the date the history was deleted. This will revert your system settings and some types of data to what they were at that point in time, which might include your Edge history.

Unfortunately, if none of these methods retrieve your lost data, it may be permanently gone. Data recovery can be uncertain, especially if the data was deleted some time ago or if the drive has been heavily used since the deletion.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 33 Applies to: