Edge update

Next time Edge disables my new tab extension and scrambles my setting after an update that's it. I'm going back to chrome

nuf sed.

Hello WilliamDossett,
I am Jaspreet Singh.
I am sorry for the trouble caused but I with recommend sending the feedback directly to the edge development team by pressing alt + shift + I together.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Just disable your extensions before the update then re-enable them after. It could also be that one of your extensions has malware so....

Also, you gave a very vague explanation so we don't really know what is going on, but you should try to explain it better and maybe not be so hostile. That's my job.

_DIST4NT

Yes, I'm a random person. :P

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I googled reporting edge problems and all I could find was reporting developer mode problems.. I won;t remember this, is it documented somewhere... shouldn't you be able to access how to do this in 'about' or settings of something. Thats why i put it here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hmm, mine updates automatically, it would be quite the trick to figure out when that is going to happen and then pre–empt it wouldn't it?

Specifically it disables my extension 'change new tab' which is a minimalist new tab manager from the chrome store I have used for years. has 4 out of 5 stars in the chrome store (not that chrome store doesn't pedal malware mind you) but this time it did something to lastpass as well so it wouldn't allow me to login to lastpass in the extension - said I had to update it, but there was no update.. Started working after several edge restarts, finally.

I'm naturally hostile, been doing this job and seeing this bs for too long.... but don't worry. I'm retiring at the end of this year. I've had enough of IT and computers for a lifetime. I might even just go native mac as I will have to ship my windows ws back to corporate then. lol, but then don't get me started on mac finder - its nearly as old as I am and never gets any improvements. I guess in apples view it is perfect :-)

cheers

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, yeah, but I guess if they really don't expect this to happen again they can literally just do the most annoying thing possible, actually try to keep up with launch days for Edge updates. And thank you for saying your natural hostile. That might make 3 of us.

Have a nice day,

_DIST4NT

Yes, I'm a random person. :P

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please check the official shortcut guide for edge here : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-e...
As provided the official shortcut for sending feedback is "Alt + Shift + I"

This opens up the dialogue box for sending feedback with option to add a screenshot too. This is sent directly to the edge development team.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 27, 2023 Views 68 Applies to: