Edge keeps hiding the title bar, please tell me I can stop this!?

I only use Edge. For whatever reason now if I am using edge in full screen mode it auto hides the title bar so that whatever page I am viewing uses the entire screen. The problem is that the title bar does not always appear/disappear when I want it to. I would like to just keep the title bar at the top of the screen, I never want it to hide, EVER. When using Edge, I ALWAYS want that inch or so at the top of my screen to be the title bar with the address bar and the toolbars I have selected showing. Right now if I go to Youtube.com for instance if I display the title bar I now cannot see the buttons on the top of the web page as they are hidden behind the title bar, I cannot see the search box at the top of the page. I have to wait for the title bar to auto hide again so that I can use the page, this is so frustrating and makes ZERO sense. I never want the web page to show BEHIND the title bar, just leave the damn title bar there all the time, PERIOD, Make the top of the webpage display UNDER the title bar, not BEHIND it, UNDER it, I cannot find a setting that makes the title bar ALWAYS be displayed, is it possible? Please tell me there is a way!? Why do you have to change such a basic function? MS, please stop changing things for the sake of change, it makes zero sense and you are just alienating users who literally WANT to use your browser ONLY.

I really hope someone can tell me how to fix this issue that shouldn't even be an issue.

Thanks in advance!

Chad

Hi Chad,
this is expected behaviour in full screen mode (F11), where the site gets the all the screen and everything else is hidden.

Is this happening when the edge window is maximised in the normal way?

when the Edge window is maximised by clicking the icon on the right side of the title bar or by using winkey+up arrow, the address bar should remain visible

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

YouTube is a rather special website, with a complex design optimized for showing video. There is more than one 'full screen' mode available when you visit YT using Edge:

• If you use the YT icon, you get a screen with only the video frame, with none of the browser 'chrome' - the title bar, tab strip and toolbars. Video controls appear if you react with the window, e.g. by moving the mouse pointer. This is what most users understand by the term full screen.

• If you use the Edge full-screen controls (F11, or (Settings and more) > Zoom), you may get a slightly smaller video frame with a search box etc. at the top and the name of the video and some other details at the bottom, what YT calls Cinema mode. If you get more than this (e.g. a playlist on the right), you're in YT's Default view. Use the controls at the bottom of the video frame to switch between views.

Moving the mouse pointer to the top of the screen should make it possible to exit full screen. Edge shows a 'shrink' icon at the right-hand edge of the toolbar.

Sorry if I've misunderstood your problem; a screenshot of what you're seeing would help in this case.

Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2024 Views 5,401 Applies to: