Edge isn't continuing where I left off...

Hello. I have "Continue where you left off" selected in Edge's settings, but about half the time it's not opening those pages that I had opened previously. Not too big of a deal, but it's a little hassle to reopen those pages, assuming I remember which ones I had open. It hurts my productivity just a little. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Hello D.Denney,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Windows user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. What is your current Windows version and edition? Press Start then click Settings(Gear icon), select System then About.

Make sure to backup first your Edge Favorites
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/143983-how-...

Please try the following methods below.

1. Clear cache and cookies
Open Edge > Click 3 dots > Settings
Select Privacy, search, and services > Under Clear browsing history
Click Choose what to clear
Select your preferred Time Range and items to clear
Click Clear Now

2. Disable or Uninstall Edge extensions
Open Edge > Click 3 dots > Extensions
Please check if one of your Extensions is causing the issue.

If this doesn't work, You may need to consider performing a Reset of Edge Chromium.

Open Edge then click 3 dots > Settings
Select Reset Settings > Restore settings to their default values
Click Reset
After that, restart your computer using Clean boot of Windows

**Perform a Clean Boot
Determine whether a background program or a software conflict is causing the issue.

Go to the search box > type MSConfig.
Select System Configuration > go to the Services tab.
Select and put a check mark on "Hide all Microsoft services" > Click Disable all.
Go to Startup tab > Open Task Manager > Disable all the unnecessary services running there. Restart your computer.

Kindly check the support article below for more details
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135...

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, John, for the reply and info. I have Windows 10 Home, 20H2. I think that's the newest. I should've mentioned that the problem doesn't always occur after reopening Edge. Most of the time it loads the tabs that I had open before. Just once in a while it doesn't, and it's a little frustrating, but not too badly. I periodically open Task Manager for various reasons, but I don't know what you mean by closing all unnecessary services. I thought they all were necessary. lol

I can't replicate the issue since it doesn't always do it. I went ahead and did what you suggested.

Thanks again,

D. Denney

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 23, 2024 Views 381 Applies to: