Bing Search Engine

Why am I able to access bing search results from another account and computer? If I type in something in the new tab page of microsoft edge, it shows other searches in purple. I looked into the privacy page of microsoft and they say that privacy is important and that only you can see your searches. However, I am getting another persons searches on my account and computer. I have spent hours trying to get a hold of microsoft. After explaining the problem to many different representatives, they wouldn't help me and just told referred me to someone else or they just stopped replying to my messages. Any help with this would be great, or if anyone knows how I can actually talk to someone on the phone from microsoft about this privacy issue.
Answer
Answer
Hi Royce,

Oh okay. If that's the case, then your Microsoft account must be sign-in to Edge browser across all devices, which would normally sync your data across devices.

As seen on the sample screenshot below, in Edge, on the upper right-hand corner, you should see if you're logged in to your Microsoft Account or not. That screenshot means you are not login.
Kindly check that to all your computers. If that's the case, then it's normal behavior & nothing to worry about. Let me know otherwise.

Let me know how you go. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Paul A.
Independent Advisor

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 11, 2022 Views 126 Applies to: