Apply Edge In-Private window dark theme/mode to regular Edge window

I'm using the new Edge on my 2011 mac, which doesn't have the new dark mode, available in macOS Mojave onwards. Since Edge doesn't allow installing themes from the chrome web store, I'm now left with an ugly looking browser UI, which is completely white. More discussion on this topic here.

Today, while using an "In-Private" window on Edge, I found out that this window UI is completely dark, and this is exactly how I want the UI of the regular (non-private) windows to be. For comparison -

Regular Window -

In Private Window -

So now I know that it's not a system limitation because the in-private window does have a dark theme. Is there a way to make this theme applicable for regular windows too, via some config flag maybe?

Hello ManishGiri,

Good day!

I'm Jericho, a fellow customer and an individual advisor. Please refer to this link below as this might help you. There is no workaround for Edge itself to enable the dark mode (this applies only to older versions of Mac) but the only solution is that you may change your system preferences that will apply in general.

https://appsliced.co/ask/how-do-i-turn-on-dark-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install

I'll be waiting for your response. Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Jericho

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Jericho,

As I said in my post, dark-theme is not supported on my mac (Late 2011). The latest available OS for my mac is High Sierra, while the dark mode feature was enabled from macOS Mojave onwards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, my name is Marco and I am an Independent Advisor. I will do my best to help you.

Click the menu button and select “Settings.”
Select the “Appearance” category on the left side of the Settings page.
Click the “Theme” box under Customize browser and select “Dark.”

Source: https://www.howtogeek.com/360357/how-to-enable-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2024 Views 1,147 Applies to: