ActiveX in Microsoft Edge browser

Hi Microsoft Team,

need your help in developing customized Active X in Microsoft edge , i know it's not available in Microsoft Edge and it's available in IE11 , But the problem is lot functions are not working IE11 , and is Adobe flash player will help run Active X ?. kindly help me to Build customized Active X for Microsoft EDGE

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi and thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Please allow me to assist with your issue.

IE Mode in Edge Chromium will support Active-X controls. However, IE Mode is targeted for enterprises - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/edg...

You can choose to enable IE Mode by following this article, but that will require Edge Dev channel - https://winaero.com/blog/enable-ie-mode-chromiu...

The recommendation is to move away from Active X for consumers.

Regarding Flash Player, you could follow this article to enable Flash in Microsoft Edge. https://support.microsoft.com/help/4532571/micr...

Please let me know if I can help you further!

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indication if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi , 

i am having trouble to change IE 11 mode in Edge browser . could you please help me do it step by step

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please check this video out: https://youtu.be/roflj41RcwY

Do note this is just a workaround and not meant for long term use. Please let me know if I can help you further!

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indication if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can choose to enable IE Mode by following this article, but that will require Edge Dev channel - 

is only for IE Dev ? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can enable it on all channels but best to separate it in IE Dev if you are a home user.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ,

i need this option for my company , i am working in Caterpillar INC , is this possible to enable this option in EDGE normal version?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You should follow this deployment guide then https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/edg...

If you need further help, please post a question on Technet forums which is targeted for Enterprises. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/home

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Microsoft Team,

need your help in developing customized Active X in Microsoft edge , i know it's not available in Microsoft Edge and it's available in IE11 , But the problem is lot functions are not working IE11 , and is Adobe flash player will help run Active X ?. kindly help me to Build customized Active X for Microsoft EDGE

So, why are you still writing an ActiveX control in the year 2020?   If the answer is "but that's what my company told me to use", then you should try to convince them to change their minds.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

okay , i will convince them , but we have lot of automation's in our hand , what solution i should give them?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

okay , i will convince them , but we have lot of automation's in our hand , what solution i should give them?

That's not something that anyone can advise you without knowing a lot more about what you're trying to do.

In a general sense... you can do a lot with just the HTML5 features or full stack C# applications on the web server... leaving the browser as just the "presentation layer", not doing any computation at all on the PC or browser

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 4,416 Applies to: