Word 2016 for Mac: I can't cut-and-paste an image from a vector drawing program

I am a scientist and I routinely create images in a vector drawing program called ChemBioDraw.  In past versions of Word, I was always able to copy these images to the clipboard and paste directly into the text of a document.  With Word 2016 for Mac, all I get is many lines of gibberish code and no image.  Am I missing something, or has the ability to handle vector graphics been eliminated from the program?

(FYI- a friend of mine who does design is having the same problem with a CAD program)

Question Info

Last updated November 26, 2019 Views 2,307 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

In both Windows and Mac, newer versions of Word have less capable vector graphics filters than in previous versions.

If your version of Word still has the smiley-face icon in the upper-right corner of the window, click on it and choose Tell Us What Can Be Better, then file a bug report. If you bring up a sample of the gibberish code beforehand, you can include a screen shot of that. Microsoft rarely acknowledges these reports, but they do receive them.

If you don't see the smiley-face, please visit the Word for Mac User Voice forum and add a suggestion: Word for Mac User Voice

Author of "OOXML Hacking - Unlocking Microsoft Office's Secrets", now available
John Korchok, Production Manager
production@brandwares.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.