Using Office for Mac 2016 to edit a document from a WebDAV server

I had to rebuild my Mac and installed Office for Mac 2016 (from an Office 365 subscription). I am not able to click on a link on a web page and edit the document with WebDAV (iTHit implementation not SharePoint). I was using Office for Mac 2011 before the rebuild and that was working...When I clicked on the link using Safari, the pop up for allowing the SharePoint browser plug-in did not display. Since the site I am connecting to uses basic authentication over a non-SSL connection, I used Terminal and ran the following command: defaults -currentHost write com.microsoft.registrationDB hkey_current_user\hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\office\15.0\common\internet\basicauthlevel -int 2 I was not able to have the document open with Word. I uninstalled Office for Mac 2016 and deleted and file that reference Microsoft..Then I installed Office for Mac 2011 and ran the command above with \14.0\ instead of \15.0\. I can edit documents with WebDAV. What settings will allow the use of Office for Mac 2016?

OS X Yosemite 10.10.4

Safari 8.0.7

Question Info

Last updated July 8, 2019 Views 5,107 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
This is not true at all.  We've been working with Premier support on this issue and they've been working with Apple.  Apple corrected the issue in macOS Sierra - we confirmed by using the developer preview. Unfortunately, it seems Apple will not be backfilling the webdav fix to prior versions of OS X.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.