Details on Office for Mac Accreditation 2016?

For the last couple of years, Microsoft has had a Microsoft Office for Mac and iOS Accredited Support Professional program. The last one was co-located the day prior to MacTech Conference. (Details here: http://conference.mactech.com/microsoft-office-accreditation/)

I can’t find any information about the 2016 Accreditation.  Where can I get some information?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This is really a great question. I love these events and having been taking groups of consultants to it for the last couple years. The Microsoft Accreditation has been a huge value add to my business and the knowledge I gained invaluable. 

Hope these are going to happen in 2016. They really are well done!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

+1 several of my team have take these accrediting course. They have proven very valuable to my team and our customers. 

Would love to what the plan is for current versions

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have found this certification extremely valuable for my team.  I look for ways to verify their knowledge.  This accreditation helps me see they understanding of office for Mac.  I would highly recommend it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This past year was my first time having the privilege to attend one of these events. The Microsoft Accreditation was a great value added to me and my team.  We where actually working through some excel issues with a customer at that time. The Accreditation was helpful in shedding some light on some possible solutions for our customer. 

I can't wait to be able to sit in another one this year! 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have also been looking for 2016 information on this program.  As a federal IT pro, I have participated in the MS Office Support/Accreditation in Washington, DC for the past several years.  As a federal employee, MS Office is the productivity product of choice and is used heavily in government on a daily basis. This support program was very well done and covered many pertinent support topics in a single half-day session.  It was a great refresher, highlighted new feature sets,  and covered many of the most common support topics that we see in our daily operations.  The information was timely and immediately useful.  I would recommend this program to any Mac IT Pro.  It is well worth the time and I hope to see it continue on an annual basis.  Any information on the status of this program and where it is being offered this year would be much appreciated.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Microsoft Office for Mac and iOS Accredited Support Professional program was enlightening.

Really a fresh perspective on the entire refreshed product line. Like most traditional OS X and iOS professionals it afforded me a deep dive opportunity beyond the superficial marketing hype. I gained tools and skill sets I was able to apply immediately.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was looking forward to having my staff take the 2016 Certification Course and get their certification. I think it sets us apart as an Apple Consultancy, Apple Authorized Reseller and Service Provider. I can't seem to find information on this years certification. They were once prefacing the MacTech Pro events, which was really convenient. Hopefully more information will be forthcoming shortly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When Microsoft created this program, they made a huge statement to the Mac technical community that they actually cared about the Mac and iOS. 

Supporting that ecosystem means more upgrades, better support, and fewer calls to Support.  Apple users rely on their consultants and techs for advice — so it was smart of Microsoft to invest in the professional Apple techs. It allowed us to be the onsite experts, and be able to represent that knowledge to our clients and users. This was a meaningful program, and it should be continued and enhanced.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"Super Early Registration" is now open for the 2016 conference. Other events are listed:

MacTech Pro Events: 

San Francisco, CA : March 16, 2016 

Seattle, WA : April 6, 2016 

Washington, D.C. : April 27, 2016 

Atlanta, GA : May 11, 2016 

Denver, CO : June 8, 2016 

New York, NY : July 13, 2016 

Chicago, IL : August 10, 2016 

MacTech Conference: 

Los Angeles, CA: Nov 16-18, 2016 

Pre-Conf Workshops: Nov 15, 2016

The site has not yet been updated concerning accreditation. Here's a link to the early bird conference registration:

https://forms.mactech.com/fillsurvey.php?sid=525&rid=2016URL

If you wish to contact the conference organizers, here's their web form:

http://conference.mactech.com/contact/

I am an unpaid volunteer and do not work for Microsoft. "Independent Advisors" work for contractors hired by Microsoft. "Microsoft Agents" work for Microsoft Support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jim,

FYI: While we appreciate you getting the word out about MacTech events, these dates are not relevant here -- as the Microsoft Office for Mac and iOS Accredited Support Professional program is a Microsoft program, not a MacTech program.  

At this time, we (including MacTech) don't have any details from Microsoft about its 2016 accreditation program.

Also, just so that the right link is here on the MacTech Conference registration -- that URL may or may not work at some point in the future.  The best URL to use, for the best pricing, is http://conference.mactech.com/registration

Thanks!

Neil Ticktin
Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
MacTech: Magazine, iPad, Web, and Live Events

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 79 Applies to: