Outlook for Mac 2016 crash on El Capitan

Outlook 2011 Update: We released the fix for Outlook 2011 hang on El Capitan with update 14.5.6. Some users reported issue persisting and this was isolated to specific languages. Please update to 14.5.7. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3097266.

Outlook for Mac 2016 Update: We shipped Office 2016 October update (15.15). El Capitan users, please update to the latest OS X 10.11.1 that Apple released today.

Thanks,
Sunder

Program Manager | Outlook for Mac

Discussion Info

Last updated May 4, 2019 Views 996 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Sunder - that is good news for outlook 2011 - do you have any updates today on when the fix will be available?

Thanks,

John

Please give us an eta. We have end users in a business that use this regularly. Having to force quit the app and start it back up works sometimes but this is ridiculous. Please hurry. 

Thank you. 

Outlook 2011 fix will be in the next couple of days. Thanks for your patience!

Hi Tina, for Outlook 2016, we have isolated the issue. Unfortunately, don't have ETA yet. Please stay tuned for a solution.

Thanks,

Sunder

Sunder, you asked for us to forward the Microsoft Error Reporting dialog--but, if we have the settings configured so that Microsoft is being automatically sent these, do you still need us to forward the dialog?  Various components of my Office 2016 Suite have crashed, not just OutLook, and each time a report was sent to Microsoft--does that work, or you still need us to forward?

Thanks.

Office For Mac 2016, iMac w/El Capitan, 12" MacBook w/El Capitan, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s Plus

Outlook 2011 fix will be in the next couple of days. Thanks for your patience!

Hi Sunder,

Do we have a date in front of us to resolve OL2011 issue?

Regds

Hi Sunder,

have you had enough responses - I have upgraded my home Mac Mini to El Capitan - have both 2011 and 2016 running in different user profiles.

2011 runs fine - but not using Outlook - powerpoint, Excel and Word run fine.

2016 has all the problems with crashing etc. Use Outlook, Pp, Excel, Word, OneDrive, OneNote, Lync.

Do you still want diagnostic information or have you now isolated the issue?

Peter.

I am in a similar situation. 

I have the latest Office 2016 on El Capitan. It crashes every so often.

1. When launching Excel, word, Powerpoint, it bounces for ages. This either does not respond or simply crash.

2. If an app crashes, I do force quit. But it won't re start, until I force quit all other Office app.

It has getting so annoying and unreliable that I am now working under Windows 10 (VM Ware) with Office. Frustrating that I am paying for Office 365 for 5 licenses, but happy I have one spare for Windows 10 !

When are getting a fix please?

Can you quantify "next couple of days" please. I'm sure I am not the only one who is desperate.  

Hi Sundar - 

Could you please post when the update is available so I don't have to keep checking.

Thanks!