Permanently Remove Excel Add-In

Third-party Excel add-in is still showing up as "available" even though I deleted it. How is this possible? I could reinstall the add-in and then uninstall it as opposed to deleting it, but I'm not even sure that it has an actual uninstaller. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2019 Views 10,131 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Jim, I found even this did not work. I have found that when you load a User Defined Add-in Excel asked if you want to copy it. If you say no then your method works. If you let Excel copy the Add-in to some strange Microsoft hiding place it is a little more tricky to get rid of. In my case I found Excel had hidden copies of the Add-ins in "/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Excel/Data/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Roaming/AddIns/". Removing the copies from the AddIns folder eventually got Excel to agree that they had been deleted. However, in one case the Add-in was still in the list and ticked, but when unticked Excel said it could not find it and did I want it removed from the list. It should not be this difficult!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.