Distinct count In a pivot table- Excel for Mac 2016

First, I can't create the pivot table using a data model like I could previously, or don't know how to access that in this newer version but is there any way to still get a distinct count in the pivot table?

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2019 Views 17,789 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Data Model is a feature available only in Excel for Windows - and only in certain product bundles at that. It's part of the Power tools.

If you want to add your voice to those who would like to see this feature ported to the Mac, this is the site you need:

http://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304933-excel-for-mac/suggestions/8995483-add-support-for-power-components-power-pivot-que

You can accomplish the same thing as the data model by manually performing the steps that the data model does for you. The data model uses a SQL query to build an intermediate table from which the final result set is obtained. You can query your data source with a SQL statement having DISTINCT or DISTINCTROW to build an intermediate table from which you can make your PivotTable.

I am an unpaid volunteer and do not work for Microsoft. "Independent Advisors" work for contractors hired by Microsoft. "Microsoft Agents" work for Microsoft Support.

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Thanks for that explanation! 

17 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.