Trying to put a screen capture in Word and it looks blurry but in Pages it looks fine

I am trying to put a screen capture (charts, text etc.) in Word. 

I have tried saving the file as TIFF, BMP, PNG and GIF and inserting it.

I have tried copying the file as all of the above and pasting it.

I have changed the way screen captures are stored on the clipboard each time (using terminal) to ensure the original is in the correct file format.

I have tried changing the resolution to 96dpi.

It is still blurry.  In Pages it is crystal clear but I cannot use Pages for work (I wish I could).

My colleagues on Windows use >paste special >BMP for their screen captures (I think a PNG would be sufficient) but it would seem I do not have the option for paste special BMP or any other file format for that matter.

I can only assume Mac Office either has a resolution issue that I haven't figured out yet or it defaults to JPGs for images put into word (photos do seem to look absolutely fine).

Can anyone advise how to change the way an image is inserted or pasted into Word and resolve this issue?

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2019 Views 8,924 Applies to:
Answer

@anneblerg I don't know if you have found an answer but I did find a work around.  Go into file and select Save as and save the document in a lower word version (Word 97-2004.doc).   I went through the same thing trying to find a solution-- it is really irritating!

it is a shame we have to go backwards to fix this.  Microsoft needs to correct this issue!

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.