Publishing book 6x9" .pdf in either Word for Mac 2011 or Word Win 2007

My wife is editing a book that the publisher wants as 6x9" with just the corners of each page "marked" for cutting - and saved as a .pdf.

Mostly text, with several photos throughout.

Please point me to the basics on how to do this. I have used MS Word for decades, but just for letters and simpler documents. My wife is working with MS Word 2007. I have Word 2011 on my Mac. 

THANK YOU very much,

Clint Bradford
Jurupa Valley CA US
909-241-7666
Answer
Answer
The tools for imposing Crop Marks are typically found in publishing/layout programs, not word processors. Word processing documents are generally created at the size of the stock to which they will be printed.

Word 2007 does have an Option to impose them but for on-screen viewing only. They do not print so they will not carry over to a PDF. Word for Mac does not provide the option. It does provide Text Boundaries in the Preferences but again these do not print.

There is a retired KB that describes how to manually create printable crop marks in Word documents but it isn't something that is typically worth while. It would be more likely to impose the crop marks using a professional PDF editor after creating the PDF or using a publishing program [such as MS Publisher, InDesign, QuarkXpress, etc.] to produce the PDF after importing the document content.

Assuming your wife is working in Word 2007 you'd do best to post in that group where you'll get responses from folks who can provide professional insight based on that version of the program.

AI: Artificial Intelligence or Automated Idiocy???
Please mark Yes/No as to whether a Reply answers your question.

Regards,
Bob J.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2020 Views 2,100 Applies to: