How can I set Word 2011 to detect different languages in the same document?

Original Title: "language automatic detect"
How can I set Word 2011 for mac to detect different languages in the same document the way that word 2010 for Windows can from Tools>Languages> checkbox for Automatically detect languages.

I know that selecting the text and then selecting a specific language works, but would prefer to have the auto detect on for translation work.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2018 Views 3,342 Applies to:
Answer
We didn't get that feature, but you can experiment with keyboards. For instance, if you enable the "US"  and "Spanish" keyboards, Word will switch languages on the fly as you switch keyboards. To do this:

• Go to System Preferences > Language & Text
  • Click on the Input sources  tab at the top
  • Select a non-English language keyboard
  • Click on "Show input menu in the menu bar" (this is no required, but it will add a little flag in the main menu bar, next to the clock)
  • Enable Word > Preferences > Edit > Match font with keyboard

Now you can switch keyboards (click on the flag next to the clock) and Word will match the language.

In System Preferences, the Language & Text panel includes these options:
  • Press Command Space for "next keyboard" and Command Option Space for "previous keyboard"
  • Input source options: (1) Use the same one in all documents; (2) Allow a different one for each document

... but I haven't tested these.

I also work with two languages, but I use a macro that applies English or Spanish to the selection. I just type Control E for English and Control S for Spanish.

Si mi respuesta te ha servido, márcala como solución o como útil.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.