Question

Office 365 will not activate on my mac

nataliewhiteley asked on

I have just subscribed to monthly payments for Office, and had all my emails to confirm subscription, saying it is active immediately, even including a product key.     However when I try and 'Activate' Word( its Office for Mac: 2011) for example, it tells me:

Sign in failed because the password is incorrect or the sign-in name does not exist.

But I am using the email address and the password I only just used to buy the subscription?

I could do with some help please? This seems so frustrating - Am not sure what I have done wrong.    I did have it previously installed, from another subscription, but that was cancelled.  

** I have just installed on my ipad and it accepted the email/pwd for the activate to complete - so there seems to be no prob with account itself... **

1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Ashutosh M replied on

Hi Natalie,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community for Office on Mac.

To fix the issue with Office installation, refer to the suggestions in the following thread and see if it helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macstart/cant-activate-office-365-home-premium-for-mac/92cf0dcd-f040-41d0-ab9a-dc9eb67d17fc

In case if that does not help, get back to us for further help.

Ashu

3 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress