Question

Q: Office 365 will not activate on my mac This thread is locked from future replies

I have just subscribed to monthly payments for Office, and had all my emails to confirm subscription, saying it is active immediately, even including a product key.     However when I try and 'Activate' Word( its Office for Mac: 2011) for example, it tells me:

Sign in failed because the password is incorrect or the sign-in name does not exist.

But I am using the email address and the password I only just used to buy the subscription?

I could do with some help please? This seems so frustrating - Am not sure what I have done wrong.    I did have it previously installed, from another subscription, but that was cancelled.  

** I have just installed on my ipad and it accepted the email/pwd for the activate to complete - so there seems to be no prob with account itself... **

Answer

A:

Hi Natalie,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community for Office on Mac.

To fix the issue with Office installation, refer to the suggestions in the following thread and see if it helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macstart/cant-activate-office-365-home-premium-for-mac/92cf0dcd-f040-41d0-ab9a-dc9eb67d17fc

In case if that does not help, get back to us for further help.

Ashu

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,018 Last updated: March 25, 2018 Applies to: