Click on this download link if you don't have Office 2011 Installer yet: http://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/MacOffice2011/en-US/MicrosoftOffice2011.dmg
Once you click on the link it will automatically download the file. Click on the show downloads icon to view the progress of your download. Please see the screenshot below.
Wait for the “MicrosoftOffice2011.dmg” to finish downloading then double click on it.
Double-click the Office installer icon.
Read the Software License Agreement, and then click Continue.
Click Agree to accept the terms of the software license agreement.
Click Install to continue the installation.
Enter your Mac user name and password, and then click OK.
Installation will begin. A progress indicator will appear.
The installation is complete when you receive this message. Click Close.
You will be prompted to activate the product. If you have the product key, select Enter your product key. If you have Office 365 subscription please click on “Sign in to an existing Office 365 subscription” and Enter your Microsoft account and password.
Additional Information: Just in case you see this icon
on your desktop after the installation, right click on it and click on “eject”. If you don’t have right click on your mouse, hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard and click on the icon.
ACTIVATION: For versions Office Home and Business 2011 or Office Home and Student 2011
If you purchased Office through the Microsoft Store website, Just enter the Product Key that was given to you. If your copy of Office 2011 was purchased from a retail store like BestBuy, Staples, Apple Store, Etc. You will be given a Card that you have to scratch to see the PIN code which is 27 Character long that ends with 01 or 02.
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-01 or XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-02
This is the code you will have to use to REDEEM your PRODUCT KEY which is different from what you will see on the KEYCARD you bought. The Product Key that will be shown to you after the redemption process is a 25 Character Long Key Code which is what you will have to use to activate Office Installed on your Mac.
If you have NOT redeemed your product key yet:
-Go to www.microsoft.com/mac/getkey
-Enter the PIN on the KeyCard
-Sign in to your Microsoft Account or Create a New Microsoft Account if you do not have one yet.
NOTE: The PIN can only be used ONCE. After the key has been redeemed, it will not work on the getkey website anymore. Your PIN is just like a ONE TIME PASSCODE for you to get the actual PRODUCT KEY. Make sure you keep a copy of the PRODUCT KEY.
If you have already redeemed your product key:
- Go to https://officeformac.getmicrosoftkey.com/Home/Product_List and Login using the same account that was used to redeem the product key. The website's purpose is to store your Purchased Product. Make sure you remember your Microsoft Account Email and Password. Aside from viewing the Product key on this page, the Product Key redeemed will also be sent to the same Email that was used.
ACTIVATION: Office 365 Home/Personal/University Subscription
If you have Office 365 subscription please click on “Sign in to an existing Office 365 subscription” on the Microsoft Setup Assistant Window to Activate Office installed on your Computer and Enter your Microsoft account and password.
If it does not work, check if:
1. You have set up two step verification.
-To verify if you have turned ON two step verification, Please login to www.account.live.com and click on "Security and Privacy". On the security and privacy page, click on "Manage Advanced Security" and You will see the link to "Turn Off" two step verification and then try to activate office again. If you have to go through verification process where you have to enter a code to sign in, Please do so for you to view the Advanced Security page where you can disable two step verification.
2. You have an old version of Mac or have used Thunderbolt Bridge
- Download and install the latest Office 2011 Update: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads then try to activate again by signing in.
3. Login to www.office.com/myaccount and check if the green "Install" button is greyed out or not. If you have Office 365 Home and already used 5 installs or activation, you have to Deactivate one computer on your list of installs. If you have O365 Personal and you see your Mac's computer name on the list of installs but could not activate the applications installed on your Mac, click Deactivate Install on the account page, go back to the applications installed on your device and activate office again.
You can Contact Microsoft Technical Support at: 1-800-642-7676
All Office 365 Subscribers get Free Technical Support from Microsoft.