This will now be the 5th time I've re-installed Office 2011. Once of the Office applications will crash, and seemingly take the rest with it. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Database Utility, etc. MAU still works though) Various applications crash with
either no message (or log) or with EXC_BAD_ACCESS (of different types).
I have followed the tips at http://www.office.mvps.org/error/EXC_BAD_ACCESS.html with no results.
I have also tried running the 14.1.3 update again, however it refuses to run citing: "A Version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume."
In the past, the only solution that has worked was to fully reinstall MS Office. (delete all receipts in /var/db/receipts, etc). I would really like to avoid re-installing yet again, as this has happened for now 2 weeks in a row.
Below is the latest log dump I could get from one of the crashing apps. (In the past I have also gotten the same EXC_BAD_ACCESS with a sigsegv error)
Process: Microsoft Outlook 
Path: /Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Outlook
Version: 14.1.3 (14.1.3)
Build Info: Unknown-110805~0
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd 
Date/Time: 2011-10-24 10:56:07.655 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C74)
Report Version: 9
Crashed Thread: 7
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000001
In that case the next thing I would try is the following:
1. Download the latest OS X COMBO update from Apple.com and boot using Safe Mode.
2. Install the COMBO update over Mac OS X even if you already are at that update level
3. Completely remove Office 2011 following these instructions
4. Restart the computer
5. Run Disk Utility to repair permissions on the startup volume
5. Install Office 2011 while connected to the internet
6. Allow Office 2011 to install its updates
7. Weed fonts (see link below for details)