Question

Q: Slides show up blank (white) when opening presentation in Powerpoint for Mac 2011

Hi,

I just bought a new MacBook Air and loaded Office 2011 on it. When I try to open an old powerpoint presentation in Powerpoint 2011 all of the slides show up blank (all you see are white slides). When you view the deck in thumbnail view prior to opening you can see all of the slides correctly, but not when the deck opens in powerpoint. Not sure if if matters, but the slides all have a black background with white letters and contain a lot of animations. The font used is Arial on all slides so I know it's not a font problems. When I try to view the Slide Master, that also shows up as a blank (white) slide.

Someone who works in our office has Powerpoint 2011 on their old Mac and the presentation runs fine. I had them take it and save it to a powerpoint 2011 format but I still have the same problem on my MacBook Air, even with this new version of the file.

Can anyone help with this?

Answer

A:

I tried removing all conflicting and duplicate fonts using both FontExplorerX and FontBook without any improvement. When I de-activated all my fonts outside of the Library folders though, the blank slides became visible.

I don't know which of the several hundred fonts was offending PowerPoint's delicate sensibilities but at least the problem is identified in this case as well. It's fixed for now.

Did this resolve your issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

9 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 22679 Last updated: November 15, 2017 Applies to: