"Powerpoint couldn't create hyperlink to. " Error

I am experiencing the same problem as the one stated below. This makes two of us. Anyone have any answers. I rely on PowerPoint for teaching and I'm short on time.

Hi all,

This stupid program really annoys me.

My Powerpoint on Mac DOES NOT run slide show (ridiculous right?)

Whenever i press the slideshow icon on the bottom left, the first page of the slideshow pops up, and when i press next slide, it prompts that "Powerpoint couldn't create hyperlink to. " Every powerpoint file is like that, i don't have any video or sound file linked to any of my PPT.

That's it.. i have no clue, even the warning itself is incomplete (couldn't create hyperlink to what?)

Very annoying problem. I thought Powerpoint is designed to project slideshow.......

Any one have any idea? please please please share if you have a fix.

Thanks.

PPT version: 14.1.3

Mac OS X 10.6.8

Answer
Answer
Hi Bart,

You should consider yourself lucky.  You are the first person to report a problem of this nature. Not everyone gets such luck! So you will get to explore the many possibilities that might or might not cure this issue.

Let's start with a few easy things to check.
1. Have you installed the updates available for Office?  To check this, while your computer has a live internet connection, on the PowerPoint Help menu choose Check for Updates.
2. Have you installed the Mac OS updates available? To check this, while your computer has a live internet connection, click on the Apple menu (top left corner of the screen) and choose Software Update.

Fixed?
Yes - Done. Post result in this thread to help next person with this problem.
No - Do more

3. Run Disk Utility (applications > utilities) and use it to repair disk permissions

Fixed?
No - Do more

4. Delete PowerPoint Preferences. See this article for details:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975723
Note that in Lion the Library folder is hidden.

Fixed?
No - Follow the rest of the steps in the Microsoft art

I am an unpaid volunteer and do not work for Microsoft. "Independent Advisors" work for contractors hired by Microsoft. "Microsoft Agents" work for Microsoft Support.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2020 Views 2,561 Applies to: