How do I make dynamic flashcards in PowerPoint?

How do I make dynamic flashcards in PowerPoint?

Question Info

Last updated May 31, 2020 Views 3,044 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Jim's instructions are for printing flashcards, but I don't think that is what you want. The flipping is just an animation.The number of slides really doesn't matter. I can make a presentation with one slide or many slides that looks exactly the same, based on whether I use animations to bring in additional information or use transitions to go to other slides with additional information. I still think it is easiest to start with two slides: one for the front of the card and one for the back. You can then have a transition effect to go from slide to slide.

As for the expanded notes, I'm not sure where you want to put them. You could put them in the notes area, but that is only visible when looking in Normal view. If you want to run in Slide Show view, you could have an additional slide or an additional entrance animation to bring in the additional notes. If you only want to see the notes sometimes, you'll probably want an additional slide and include buttons to either go to the next flashcard or go to the slide with additional notes (in Windows this can be done a little more easily with trigger animations, but it is fine with additional slides).

David Marcovitz
Author of Powerful PowerPoint for Educators
http://PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.