Outlook for Mac keeps asking for password on exchange.

Using outlook for Mac 2011 on exchange.  Several note that they are constantly being asked formtheir password when it is stored in keychain.  Outlook will not except the password, even though it is correct.  Web mail is fine and virtual machine in windows with outlook 2010 is fine.  Office is updated to latest version.  I have been getting complaints at an average of 2 new a day.  Help please!

Question Info

Last updated December 10, 2018 Views 127,976 Applies to:
Answer
not sure why this solution is not being spread around more. But to fix this issue, what you have to do it add a "\" before your username. for example:

Username: \domain\username
Password: whatever your password is

Make sure you save to your keychain after. This has worked for me. I'm not sure where I found this, but it was a lifesaver. Hope it helps for you!

190 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
The suggestion by Vladimir was about certificates.
I’ve seen this problem numerous times with corrupted Keychain entries.
Outlook stores the password in the Keychain. Launch the /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access and look for the corresponding entry.
The easiest from there is to delete it (which will allow Outlook to recreate a clean new one next time).
You can also run the Keychain First Aid command from within the application to try and correct any other issue your keychain might have.

Corentin

MVPs do *not* work for MS
Les MVP ne *travaillent pas* pour MS

144 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.