Outlook 2011 Displaying the wrong name in the To field

Our client just requsted information as they recently noticed this in Outlook 2011 for MAC OS X: When we write new emails, or reply/forward emails to people, the display name is always matching with the sender's name, despite the address that it is being sent to.  It seems that it happens only for those people in contacts which I also have their shared calendar open.   Recreating: Start or address a message by typing a name, such as "Sean" into the To field.  The list shows my name "Erik       *** Email address is removed for privacy ***"  and the To field will display the name "Erik" but will send the email to Sean's email address.  The list will have several folks listed all with the name Erik being displayed. In addition, when the user get's their email it shows from "Erik" with a different email address in the braces i.e. < *** Email address is removed for privacy *** >   I have some example screen shots but do not know how to provide them here. (:   Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Best Regards, David
|
Answer
Answer
David,

look for the entry in the address book with the "wrong" name (Erik in your case) -- use Spotlight to find it, it's the local address book, not the one in Outlook. Then, remove all the additional E-Mail addresses there, and leave just Erik's address -- that's it.

More detailed explanation: http://titlerequired.com/2011/06/27/quick-fix-office-2011-outlook-for-mac-wrong-name-shown-in-sent-items/

Best regards!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 9, 2020 Views 10,467 Applies to: