Issue saving selected pages to PDF

I am trying to find a solution to an issue I am experiencing in regards to saving selected pages from an Excel spreadsheet to PDF using the Print > Save As PDF… function.  I am using MS Excel 2011 (version 14.1.2 (110505))

Senario:

I have a spreadsheet that contains 12 worksheets (tabs).  If I was to print out the entire workbook it would be 17 pages in total.  What I need to do is output some of these worksheets (pages) into a PDF file.  

The steps I am taking to perform this action are the following.

1) Select two worksheets (tabs) in Excel that I want to print.  There should be a total of three pages.

2) Go to File > Print

3) I state I want to print the "Active Sheets" and then go to PDF > Save As PDF…

4) I give the document a name and have it save to my Desktop.

I open the PDF file and find it contains only 2 of the 3 pages it was suppose to output.  The two pages are from the second worksheet (tab) in the document.  The first worksheet is not present in the saved PDF.  This seems to be true in all cases.  

I will try the scenario with more pages.

1) Select five worksheets (tabs) in Excel that I want to print.  There should be a total of seven pages.

2) Go to File > Print

3) I state I want to print the "Active Sheets" and then go to PDF > Save As PDF…

4) I give the document a name and have it save to my Desktop.

I open the PDF file and find it contains only 2 of the 7 pages it was suppose to output.  The two pages are from the last worksheet (tab) in the document.  The bottom of the pages states page 6 of 7 and page 7 of 7.  The four worksheets are not present in the saved PDF.

Is this a bug in the program?

Is there a easy workaround to that doesn't require too many extra steps?  

Thanks, in advance, for your feedback.  

- Brent

--------------------

Brent Sallee

macClicks Consulting

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Question Info

Last updated February 21, 2018 Views 886 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
There is an Automator action that you can build that can take care of this for you. Follow the instructions here, except in the first Automator action check the box for Allow Multiple Selection. When this box is checked, you can hold the Option key down and choose which sheets to add to the final PDF.
http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Automator/ExcelSinglePDF.html

Automator actions do not work in Home and Student edition of Excel.
I am an unpaid volunteer and do not work for Microsoft. "Independent Advisors" work for contractors hired by Microsoft. "Microsoft Agents" work for Microsoft Support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.