Overtype mode in Word for Mac 2008

Help.  I know Overtype in the PC world. 
How do I turn the overtype mode off and on and insert onto bottom toolbar all in 2008 Word for Mac?

And what does the Mac world call "overtype"?

Thanks so much.


Question Info

Last updated August 2, 2018 Views 1,450 Applies to:
Check this out : http://www.screencast.com/t/9EO0qSeGs

Go to Preference > Edit Menu.
If my reply has helped, mark accordingly - Helpful or Answer
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.