Entourage opens new blank email on start up!

Hi There

Whenever I start up Entourage I get an annoying new window which is a blank new email. I have no idea how to get rid of this. I just want it to go to my inbox without me having to close the 'new email window' down.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

I am running Office 2008 for Mac with Mavericks.

Claire

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2019 Views 6,319 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi, user: nacinla provided a work-around in this thread:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2008-macother/entourage-opens-message-on-launch/dd664110-9273-4678-8d4b-61fbe11993bd

"...When I launched Entourage from the Applications folder, not the Dock, Entourage opens without opening a new, blank email.

I went a step further and created an Entourage alias in the Applications folder and dragged it to the desktop. 

I launched Entourage from that alias, it opened ... without opening a new email.

It appears to be a Dock issue. Would be nice if Microsoft and Apple got together and resolved this, but I'm not holding out hope.

I didn't have this problem before I downloaded Mavericks, which I have found to be buggy. Response times are slower. And sometimes my menu bar goes transparent the Apple icon disappears from view, though it's there if you hover and click."

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.