Open XML conversion failed after updating word and Open XML Converter

I have a MAC OS 10.6.8

I have MSOffice 2004

I cannot use the Open XML converter

I updated MSOffice 2004 to 11.6.6 (I went from 11.5 right up all the updates from 11.6.0 in order to 11.6.6

I trashed my old version of Open XML and installed Open XML converter 1.2.0
I then updated and installed 1.2.1 version of Open XML.

I have a .docx file that I dragged into the Open XML converter window and keep getting the same error message

Here are the last three....

==================================
Start time: 2012-09-20 13:36:14 -0400
Converting file: /Users/bart/Desktop/Ryan.docx
objc[747]: Class NLAssertionHandler is implemented in both /Applications/Open XML Converter.app/Contents/SharedSupport/wordcvtr and /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office Converter Support/Open XML for Word.framework/Versions/12/../../../MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12/MicrosoftComponentPlugin. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Conversion failed
End time: 2012-09-20 13:36:16 -0400
Start time: 2012-09-20 13:38:00 -0400
Converting file: /Users/bart/Desktop/Ryan.docx
objc[770]: Class NLAssertionHandler is implemented in both /Applications/Open XML Converter.app/Contents/SharedSupport/wordcvtr and /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office Converter Support/Open XML for Word.framework/Versions/12/../../../MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12/MicrosoftComponentPlugin. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Conversion failed
End time: 2012-09-20 13:38:02 -0400
Start time: 2012-09-20 13:58:28 -0400
Converting file: /Users/bart/Desktop/Ryan's Letter to RMC v2pd.docx
objc[1279]: Class NLAssertionHandler is implemented in both /Applications/Open XML Converter.app/Contents/SharedSupport/wordcvtr and /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office Converter Support/Open XML for Word.framework/Versions/12/../../../MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12/MicrosoftComponentPlugin. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Conversion failed
End time: 2012-09-20 13:58:32 -0400

Any suggestions on how I fix this so it will work?

PS in one go around I dragged the  folder "Office Converter Support" to the desktop and tried it but it would not even open Open XML application, so I put it back.  When I reinstalled the new version (1.2.1) the folder is back there in the library/application support/microsoft folder.

Thanks kindly

Bart

Question Info

Last updated December 5, 2017 Views 635 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hey Bart,

The "NLAssertionHandler" message you're seeing is a known issue that's caused by running the converter on Snow Leopard. It will appear every time you run it, successful or not.

So that said, the log actually doesn't tell us much of anything. 

Is there anything special about your documents? Any special fonts being used?

You can also convert files for free on line by opening them in SkyDrive:
Instead of telling our young people to plan ahead, we should tell them to plan to be surprised.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.