Question

windows sockets registry entries for network connectivity are missing

FrancisWint asked on

I have installed widows technical preview and am very pleased with it except I can not access the internet ,I get  anerror message "windows sockets registry entries for network connectivity are missing " can you offer a solution please.

Original Title: francis wint

396 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Niranjan Manjhi replied on

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Since the suggestions have not worked and issue seems more complicated, your question would be better suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet.

Please post your question in the TechNet Forums.

Regards,

Niranjan Manjhi
8 people found this helpful

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
Sachin Dhir replied on

Hi Francis,

Thank you for reaching out and writing to us. We really appreciate your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview and glad to know you have installed the Windows successfully.

1. What is the Make and Model of your computer?

2. What is the build version of Windows 10 on your computer?

Winsock or Windows Sockets is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services.

I would suggest you to try the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset Winsock

1. Press Windows + X, Choose Command prompt (admin).

2. Click yes on User Account Control prompt                                                                       .

3. Type netsh Winsock reset in the prompt and press enter.

This command will reset the Winsock, if you get any error message while resetting provide us the details.

Step 2: Reset TCP/IP

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: This link also applies to Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Resetting TCP/IP will reset the IP configuration settings and fix internet connection issues.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

"Knowledge Shared is Knowledge Squared"
35 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress