Windows 10 Streaming issue with PS3 Media Server

Just got the new update windows 10 pro tech preview and now my streaming does not work. i was using ps3 media server just fine with 8.1 before but now i updated and have no ability to stream. nothing changed but my OS so i am having a difficult time understanding what the problem is... anyone have any insight into this?  
Answer
Answer

Hi,

We understand you are facing some issues on Windows 10, don't worry we will try to assist you.

I suggest you to follow below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center >Change Advance Sharing Settings

Then you need to make sure:

Network Discovery is ON
File & Printer Sharing is ON

After that click on Media Streaming options, On the Show devices drop bar, select All Networks

You should see some Unknown device/devices. Double-click each Unknown device to see the MAC address of the device. Find the device that matches the MAC address of your PS3 and allow that device for media sharing.

For more information, you can also refer to suggestions provided by SpeedRacer1803 in below link:

Win8 Media streaming to PS3

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-pictures/win8-media-streaming-to-ps3/7986cb45-9194-46c8-b511-02c1087d235e

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need further help with Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

62 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2020 Views 49,419 Applies to: