WiFi Sense

Hi! I updated to the new Windows 10 Enterprise build 9926. My laptop has HSPA+, 4G, 3G, Bluetooth, and WiFi. How did WiFi Sense get activated? How do I use it? Is it the same as Windows Phone? How do I turn this off?

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2020 Views 6,916 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for your reply.

Wi-Fi Sense automatically connects you to nearby Wi-Fi networks, helping you save your cellular data for when you really need it and giving you more Internet connectivity options. Wi-Fi Sense can do a lot of things for you to get you connected to the Internet using Wi-Fi, so you don't have to do them on your own. These include:

• Automatically connecting you to crowd sourced open Wi-Fi networks it knows about.
  • Accepting a Wi-Fi network's terms of use on your behalf and providing additional info for you to networks that require it.
  • Letting you exchange password-protected Wi-Fi network access with your contacts to give and get Internet access without seeing each other's Wi-Fi network passwords.

If you don't want to use Wi-Fi Sense, you can go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Sense, and then turn off. Connect to Wi-Fi hotspots or Share Wi-Fi networks I select (or both of them if you want).

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.