missing network protocols?? help please

hey I had a quick question if somebody could try to help me i installed windows 10 Technical Preview earlier today and after I installed it wen my laptop is connected to the wifi and if I connect it through the ethernet cable it says that my internet is limited and when I do the troubleshoot it tells me one or more network protocols are missing on this computer does anybody know how I can fix this but other than that I'm loving windows 10 so far I just can't go online and by the way my internet works on everything else so I know its something wrong with when I installed windows 10 so any help would be appreciated
Answer
Answer

Step 1. Keep Calm, I have a fix that works.

Step 2. Search the internet with Bing.com for your driver for your WiFi (e.g. Lenovo) and download it (this is a backup for the next step). Note: I have a mobile hotspot that works off USB that allowed me to complete this step. You may have to use a spare PC or borrow a friend's computer in order to get the backup of the driver for your specific model of PC (e.g. Lenovo). 

Links to OEM Drivers (Note: This is not an exhaustive list, if your PC brand isn't listed below, search online with Bing - Example search: "Lenovo W530 drivers"):

Lenovo
Dell

HP

Acer
Sony
Asus

Step 3. Go to "Windows Key" > "Device Manager" > "Network Adapters" > Find your Wireless driver and right-click, "Uninstall" driver. (Now I know what you're thinking... This dude is trying to troll me. I'm not. It goes against what you'd think but thankfully you made a backup just in case in step #2). Make sure you select "Remove driver software" - click "OK"

Step 4: Once it uninstalls, reboot your PC.
Step 5: Once rebooted, click on the wireless icon in your system tray and reconnect to your WiFi. It worked for me, hopefully it will work for you. At this point you should be good to go. If this did not work for you, reinstall your WiFi driver you downloaded as a backup. USB internet will work until a better fix or update comes out.

Best of luck!

Jeremiah J. Isaacson

15 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2020 Views 133,851 Applies to: