Intermittent wifi-driver for Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11n PCI-E NIC

I have Lenovo laptop G50-70, which contains Realtek 8723BE wifi chip.
Under Windows-10 previews (from October release thru latest build#10047), this wifi
device does not work reliably.  (And, mine is rock-solid under both WIndows-7 and

Windows 8.1.)

I've tried uninstalling present driver and re-acquiring the latest driver from the Lenovo
website (since driver is NOT available at Realtek websiite).  The driver does work intermittently.
The symptom is that it will always find my access point by name, connect to it, and
get a valid IP-address. After that, a ping from the cmd-line sometimes works but most
times, even after a fresh reboot, the ping fails. on a few occasions, it has worked for
as long as half-an-hour...and then just suddenly fails. (e.g. freezes while using the
browser or while watching a streaming movie, etc)

[ My first workaround was to use an ethernet cable.  But after six months, that was growing OLD! ]

EDIT: [ My newest temporary workaround is to re-install Windows-8.1 natively and

then install Win-10 virtually, using VirtualBox. ]

No need in repeating the how-to info shown in that other thread (about RTL8723BS)...I've tried 
all these various 'recipes' and permutations....nothing will fix the problem.  Three other people
have reported this identical behavior in the Lenovo support forum under Windows 8.1 64-bit,

but they have no answers there.  (Lenovo support even seems to be confused at which wifi

device(s) get built into the Lenovo G50-70 !)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/bd-p/ll03_en

If you want me the start believing in Windows-10, someone NEEDS to resolve this issue!

You could START by unequivocally stating whether Lenovo, or Realtek, or Microsoft OWNS this issue ! 

[ i.e. no one seems to acknowlege or accept the responsibility to investigate/fix the issue.]

Question Info

Last updated July 16, 2018 Views 33,347 Applies to:
Answer
I had the same problem with my Lenovo Z50-75 and the RTL8723BE on windows 8.1. I returned to the shop with all the information from this forum in my backpocket. They opened up my Lenevo and it turned out that the WIFI antenna was not connected to the RTL8723BE, hence poor reception and stuff. They connected it properly and everything worked fine!

49 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

I've been having this problem too, but I'm optimistic I found a workaround.

In Device Manager > Network Adapters > Realtek RTL8723BE... (right click) > Properties > Power Management ... I unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Seems to have worked so far, but I've not had long enough to know for sure. It's been a couple of hours and haven't lost the connection yet. Worth a try?

80 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.