Windows 10 Update just hangs. Can't restart or stop service. Build 9926

Windows 10 Update just hangs. Can't restart or stop service. Build 9926 64bit. Dell Latitude D830, 4GB ram, SSD.

All I get is a swirling icon, for hours. I can't start or stop the update service either through command line or services panel. I have rebooted multiple times.

Nothing. DOA. I guess I will wait for the next preview build, and then reinstall.

|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10 Technical Preview Forums.

I understand that you are unable to download and install Windows Updates on Windows 10 Technical Preview 9926 build.

To fix the issue, please try the methods below:

Method 1: Check the System Date and Time on your computer.

Let’s first check if the system date and time are correct. If they are showing incorrect values, then follow the steps below and correct the time and date according to your time zone.

a. Press Windows key + R key on your keyboard.

b. Type “control" and click on "Date and Time".

c. Click Change date and time button (To change the time zone click on time zone tab).

d. Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.

If the issue still persists try method 2.

Method 2: Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

You may also run the fixit “Windows Update troubleshooter “from the article below and check if that helps.

Windows Update troubleshooter makes sure that your computer is connected to the Internet, and checks to see whether your network adapter and Windows Update services are running correctly.

Refer: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

Please try the above methods and let us know the outcome.

78 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 50,793 Applies to: