Question

Q: Windows 10 build 10240 error 0x80244019

Windows update error 0x80244019 - Using windows 10

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

You may receive this error if a computer virus has turned off Windows Update or another service on the computer that is needed by Windows Update.

Method 1:
I suggest you to run Microsoft Safety Scanner to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Warning:
1)
The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.
2) If you run the virus scan the program that is infected with virus will get deleted. So you have to reinstall the program. Also if the files and folders are affected with virus then they might even get deleted.

Method 2:
If the issue persists, I suggest you to check whether the Windows update services are started and set to automatic.

1. Press Windows and R keys together to open run.
  2. Type “services.msc” and hit Enter.
  3. Locate “Windows update” service, “Background Intelligent Transfer service “and “Cryptographic”. Double click on each one of them.
  4. Check if the services status are “Started” and set to “Automatic”.
  5. If not, start it and set the startup type to automatic.
  6. Click on Apply and then on OK.

Method 3:
If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps under the section “Manually reset Windows Update components
and check if it helps.

How do I reset Windows Update components?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-us

Warning: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried all methods. The repair tool found service registration is missing or corrupt - Fixed. Unfortunately I get the same error. The manual shut down and restart was tried more than a dozen times with no luck. Look forward to additional options. Steve

Sorry this didn't help.

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80244019)

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

I have the same problem and i tried the solutions gived in this post but i wasn't lucky ,later i uncheck that red marked update option at the screenshot and the problem is gone .I don't remember if it was like that by default and i change it when i configured my windows 10 but in my case that solved the update problem .I hope it helps.

Windows update error 0x80244019 - Using windows 10

Sorry this didn't help.

Let it Update in cmd prompt as admin type net stop wuauserv once stopped type net start wuauserv should do the trick Good Luck Have a great day :-D

Sorry this didn't help.

Let it Update in cmd prompt as admin type net stop wuauserv once stopped type net start wuauserv should do the trick Good Luck Have a great day :-D

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks! This did the trick for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows update worked once today. It seems that it has found an update for synaptic touchpad but installation fails and I then receive the same error above. when I repeat the windows update repair mentioned above it does not work. This is really frustrating as I worked on this all weekend only to end up at the same place. I was hoping for a better  OS with Win 10!

Sorry this didn't help.

Equal for me

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks!!! It works!!

Sorry this didn't help.