Release Preview: 14393.222 CU Available (and possible issue installing)

There is a new update for Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194496).

This brings you to build 14393.222. This is only available if you are an insider that has release preview.

Update October 6, 2016: Official Fix

Microsoft has issued an official script here that will fix this problem.  The previous workarounds are still listed below.

Previous Workaround Solutions

If it cannot install the update and rolls back (you'll see "undoing changes..." followed by another reboot), here are verified solutions:

1. Bypass Windows Update by installing the latest version directly [Simple]
    Solution posted by Sean8102 on October 1st (page 16)
    Go to the Get Windows 10 webpage and click download tool now.  When you run the tool, select "Upgrade This PC Now" and choose to keep everything (files, apps, and settings).  This will apply the update directly without impacting any of your installed programs at all.  You can also use the tool to create a bootable USB stick and install from that, but no USB stick is necessary if you use the "Upgrade This PC Now" option.

2. Remove Tasks and Registry for Tasks that that Block The Update [Advanced]
    Solution posted by TomislavRex on October 3rd (page 23 with additional details on page 29)
    Deleted all references to task  \Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTask in the System32 folder, AND all traces of them from the registry (in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache tree.  Noted that deleting some of these involved changing ownership of the keys. The tasks have been recreated during the installation of the update.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi...that is un believable ...so many updates...I don't get that s***...I have gotten the Silverlight what ever that is....I don't get any more drovers since I used the Show and Hide tool.

good instructions about it there.

*john

mine...I'm out-of date.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

KB3194496 after second attempt it did complete update then had second update KB3176936 or this one was first either way on my asus laptop it is having issues with Wi-Fi connecting, it shows connection icons are correct for a connection but after some time 10 15 minutes ie or chrome both loose connection, after choosing disconnect then reconnect does internet come back on. also after first update with the connectivity issue I went to control panel, network devices to disable/enable the Wi-Fi adapter, the icon already was showing adapter was disabled, I then just restarted computer in that proses of restart its crashed then restarted then I went to update and found the second update still having connectivity issues and notices most older programs I had installed all show the were reinstalled during the update also????? I should not have to search for a Wi-Fi driver for a update so new is not going to even exist, or it needs to be reinstalled possibly,     I may be restoring back to update ever being installed..........

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194496)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Anyone else having wi fi issues?   and ore chrome crashing, computer crashing?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Added my logs too...

WULogs-rufus-RH-01-20160930-193827.zip

I tried several time to update my desktop PC. With no success. 

"Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194496)

update failed. Sept. 28. 2016"

KB3194496 failed 3 times yesterday on my Desktop I think I will try again later today just to see what happens. :)

I'm also having an issue with this Update.

I'm on build 14393.187.

This update fails during install for me and

pops an 0x800736cc error.

Can I get a copy of your CBS logs? You can use the copylogs tool from my OneDrive and upload the resulting ZIP file there. Thanks! OneDrive is here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtwXjrnjoGBml2txQtByBKq8_Yrj

John Wink [MSFT]

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, I will check it out in a bit son is on it now it again lost internet connection, did a restart now working, I wouldn't be in a hurry to do this update if it is having this issue, interested if anyone else has these problems?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Also in the screenshot what I noticed is that after the kb3194496 failed to start to install it went to update and install kb3176936 first then other flash player update then it did the kb319...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Also in the screenshot what I noticed is that after the kb3194496 failed to start to install it went to update and install kb3176936 first then other flash player update then it did the kb319...

I use Windows 10 Annyver .ISO file to reinstall (keep my files and apps) then windows update. Done! My Win version now 14393.222. Note that have no kb 3144496

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Mean kb 3194496, that's  odd but also going to look I am hearing it was a beta update possibly and that in update settings you choose to get beta updates or no beta releases I am about to uninstall it, mine is a laptop but still should be the same so no wi fi issues?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have no idea why all of that shows up. I've never seen those things get installed through Windows Update. They are not in the update history. I'm guessing those drivers where installed through Windows Update when I first installed Windows 10 and just have not been updated since because I have a older Ivy Bridge motherboard.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated June 11, 2021 Views 55,047 Applies to: