phone keeps restarting after Update 15007

Please help! My Lumia 950 has just installed the 15007 update, now the phone keeps freezing and restarting every 5 minutes!

If anyone has a solution i'd be grateful, otherwise, how do I remove the insider program from my phone and go back to its original settings?

I have the same issue. I wondered whether switching back to slow ring would then 'update' to latest build which would effectively roll back.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem with build 15007. Lumia 830 - the restart happens after between 2 and 3 minutes. I have had to remove the battery to stop the cycle of reboots.

I'm struggling to find out how to roll back to the previous level? Can anyone point me to the official MS tool for this?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have had the same problem with a 950 and the 15007 update. Phone became very unstable and also very hot. Battery life went down to about 4 hours.

I was just about to do a full factory hard reset when I read one of the threads on here. It suggested uninstalling the Facebook app. Sounded odd and a longshot as I don't really use it, but I thought I'd try anyway.

Despite the uninstall failing several times from a number of different approaches and a number of controlled reboots the problem has magically stopped and I have a stable phone. I am at a loss as to how and why as the only thing I did was try the uninstall of the facebook app and then the app reset which I found from the storage section of settings.

As I said, I can't explain it but it might be worth a try...

Good luck. 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi - Thanks for the reply! I found the same thread and can confirm the problem is solved by removing the official Facebook app.

I can only think that the Facebook app does something in the background when the phone starts. The phone was extremely unresponsive - so I assume it was very processor / IO intensive - so intensive that the OS itself felt the need to restart to try to kill the bad process. On restart, the whole thing was repeated. Kind-of-like Groundhog Day...

Anyhow, here's hoping MS / Facebook can fix this one quickly - it's REALLY bad.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Lumia 950. Same problem. High temperature and consistent reboots. Removing Facebook app really solved the problem. Magic!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi all,

Earlier (after 15007 update) so many apps were crashing including Facebook, whatsapp. Later switched to slow ring, then download for 15007 use to struck. I too removed Facebook app. I think its working. There is a major problem with facebook app. Microsoft should look into that issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the make and model of your computer/device?

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2019 Views 316 Applies to: