We shared a new Mobile today to the Fast ring, build 14905. While some users were able to download and install the build without issue, other users are encountering one of a few scenarios that are preventing their device from finding the build.
For first-step validations, ensure you have checked the following:
- Active internet connection on your device
- Ensure you are set to WIP Fast via the Settings menu (not the legacy Insider app)
- Reboot your device & re-check for updates
If all of the above checks out, please review the following:
Device is on build 14393.82
To be in this scenario, you switched to the Release Preview ring yesterday and took the .82 cumulative update on your device. We are researching why devices on the 14393.82 build may not be receiving 14905.
Device says "No Internet" when trying to switch rings
If you are hitting this issue, try the following steps:
- Turn off Wi-Fi
- Reboot your device
- Reconfigure your Insider ring settings as desired
Device is on build 14393.67
Other affected devices are on build 14393.67 and no error messages are shown. When checking for the new build, no update is shown to be available.
We are gathering data from affected users to investigate.
If you have important details to share in this thread, please include the following:
- What build your device is on
- Which model phone you are using
- Any error messages you are seeing