***Edig 2016.08.12 - 2:10pm PST***
Looks like the targeting is still rolling out. This is longer than the originally provided time estimate, and I apologize for that.
If your machine still has not received the update, hold tight. It's still underway.
***Edit 2016.08.12 - 10:45am PST***
Good news! Looks like we've uncovered the cause. We're making a few additional targeting changes on our side and this should fix any users who are "stuck". These changes may take up to 60 minutes to flow out to your various machines, so please bear with us while we finish this work.
Thanks to everyone who reached out to assist. It is VERY much appreciated.
Hello Windows Insiders!
Yesterday we launched the first release from our newest series of Development branch builds, build 14901.
While we knew there would be an initial delay for users due to targeting updates from the build change, there are many users who are still not receiving this new build. We are actively investigating this and need your assistance with information to investigate.
As a quick review, please check the following on your machine:
- Is your ring set to Insider Fast?
- Is your MSA connected/registered?
- Does your machine say "You're all set to get Insider Preview builds"?
- Are you running an approved language? (Some of our initial investigations have shown users did a media/ISO install from a language not supported by the Insider Program). You can check the list of supported languages here: Supported Insider Languages
If all of the above are good, please make a note in this thread. We'll want to reach out to you and get your machine ID so we can research on our end.
Some users have also noted that changing from Fast ring to Slow ring, rebooting, and then switching back to Fast ring has allowed them to receive the build. You may also try this step. May take ~30 minutes to receive a build notification after a ring change.
You may also pull the following machine ID which is what we will need for investigation. Please DO NOT post it publicly in this thread, I'll reach out privately to ask you for it.
- Right-click the Start button
- Select Command Prompt (Admin)
- Click Yes
- Paste this command: reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient /V MachineId
Post in this thread or reach out to me via Twitter (@NorthFaceHiker) so I may contact you privately for the ID of your machine.