In the latest Windows 10 mobile insider build the sounds for e-mail and texts have stopped working.

Original Title: Notification sounds

In the latest Windows 10 mobile insider build the sounds for e-mail and texts have stopped working. All the settings look OK. everything was working fine before the update. Is this a known issue?

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2018 Views 167 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Original Title: Notification sounds

In the latest Windows 10 mobile insider build the sounds for e-mail and texts have stopped working. All the settings look OK. everything was working fine before the update. Is this a known issue?

I noticed there was two issues that occurred on the 586 branch with me as far as notifications and sounds went after a preforming an update (I can't remember specifically what update it was).

Issue 1:

After performing an update, it actually changed the notification sound to "Default" and changed the notification indicator settings. To fix this issue, I had to go in to Notifications and Sounds, and manually set the sound and enable notifications for messaging, and Outlook.

Issue 2:

After another update, I lost sounds and notifications. Checking Notifications and Sounds, they were enabled. To fix it, I had to disable the notifications and sounds. Turn off/on the phone, and then re-enable them. This fixed this issue.

I also noticed that on a particular build, performing a hard-reset also disabled sounds/notifications. I had to reconfigure them even after restoring a backup.

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.