How to stop insider Preview updates on single system

I have three systems on Insider Preview.  I plan to loan one of them to a friend, and I want to stop I.P. Updates to that computer only.  Will clicking the "Stop Insider Preview Builds" box on this one computer have any effect on the other two systems?

Thanks.

I have three systems on Insider Preview.  I plan to loan one of them to a friend, and I want to stop I.P. Updates to that computer only.  Will clicking the "Stop Insider Preview Builds" box on this one computer have any effect on the other two systems?

Thanks.

Are you using the same Microsoft account on all 3 systems? If you are then probably yes. If you are using different Microsoft accounts then I do not think so. But if it is, why do you want to stop IP updates? Is the friend not very hot on computers. Beta versions of Windows are not very easy to use by amateurs because they have a tendency to fail or crash.

Apparently I will need min. 16GB RAM for Win 12 perhaps even 32 GB RAM.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Changing one computer to remove it from the Insider Preview will not affect your others in any way. Getting Insider Preview builds is a computer specific setting, not something that depends on your Microsoft account or is synced with other computers using the same account. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 21 Applies to: