Error 0x80246017 after KB3035129 update

After applying KB3035129 to build 9926 I went back to Windows Update to check for any more. It fails. When I click Retry it shows: Downloading - FBL_AWESOME1501 9923 Professional, then fails with error 0x80246017. I'm also seeing a branch drop down box under the Advanced Options nowm before I just had the Fast/Slow box. Am I missing out on build 9933?!! :D Let me know if there's anything I should try or need to do. Thank you for your hard work!

Found another thread mentioning this, it seems the KB created this issue. Was supposed to be internal to MS but didn't get changed before release. This error happens because we don't have access through this branch. Keep an eye on this thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/is-9933-the-new-build-12815-update-build-is-back/476a0fec-07df-45aa-b3bb-da776b6465f6

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Forums.

In order to upgrade it to Windows 10 Tech Preview flight 9926 , you need to install these two prerequisite Microsoft Articles KB3025379 and KB3025380.

You can also check this link below Where Andre Da Costa provided steps how to install latest Windows 10 build: 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-10-tips-before-installing-the-latest/4fbec413-fed4-4a18-b1de-399a2d1e2a3a

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-install-the-latest-windows-10-build/d8c389ae-31c4-42a2-97df-4815d82dd2b6

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's not at all what I said. "After applying KB3035129 to build 9926". I'm on 9926 with the patch for it. I'm having the same problem everyone else is having so I posted the comment that points to the main thread.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

KB3035129 included a code change which unintentionally had the side effect of changing targeting for builds, allowing builds that are exclusive to Microsoft employees to appear available. No new builds are available which are newer than 9926 at this point. We will issue another update shortly to correct the issue and ensure that Windows Insiders are able to successfully get the next build which is made available to you. We apologize for the confusion and thank you for your continued participation and feedback.

Thanks,

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2018 Views 776 Applies to: