Delivery Optimization Service Saturating Network

I have just received build 10158 and am trying to update to 10159.  I am on a Wireless network with 10Mbps bandwidth. When the Windows Update service is trying to get the new build all computers on the local network are unable to browse the Internet. When I switch off the Delivery Optimization service browsing capability is immediately restored.

I suspect this has to do with the number of connections where the Delivery Optimization service is trying to discover nearer parts of the build else where on the local network or on the Internet. I have tried turning off the option to look on both the local network and on the Internet and selecting just the local network, but there is no option to turn this feature off except for disabling the service entirely via the Service control panel.

Is this a known issue and one of the reasons 10158 was replaced with 10159?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Answer
Answer

I have the same issue. I found something that helped me out but I don't know if this will help you guys.

I did a clean install of win 10 pro and Dosvc kept eating up my bandwith. so I followed some simple instructions.

the first one didn't work properly. the second one worked. but after I restarted my pc a couple of times,

DoSvc seems to have been enabled again. so I went with the final option to delete it entirely. 

haven't experience any network problems ever since.

sc stop "DoSvc"
sc config "DoSvc" start= disabled

How to delete this service.
sc delete "DoSvc" 

54 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 7, 2020 Views 13,397 Applies to: