Windows 10 Bugged (start menu and others)

As the title says, I just started up my windows 10 build (at latest btw), and decided to do some maintenance (general virus scan, defrag, etc..), when I go and click on the start button, lo and behold it doesn't open; so I go and open the settings panel and goto the update tab, and that is bugged (and all other settings panel options) to the point where it will attempt to load and then close the panel; I can access the control panel options like java and stuff just fine, but my windows 10 is bugged

unfortunately, I had a problem like this last time with my windows 7 which forced me to do a fresh reinstall of EVERYTHING (did needed backups of personal stuff), and I just ran a system restore to a point before this happened with windows 10, and it didn't fix it

has the download page for the windows 10 preview been updated to included the latest build, because it seems to be stuck on build 9926, and I would like it if I could download the latest build as an iso so I wouldn't need to update through the windows update settings

I'm running windows 10 on vmware player, just in-case something like this happened; so has anyone else besides me got this problem and if they managed to fix it without reinstalling windows 10, I sure could use the help

Answer
Answer

Hi,

You could face this issue the updates on your computer were not installed properly. You can install Windows 10 Technical Preview in two different ways. One is through the Windows Update and the second option is through ISO file which you can burn on a disk and create an installation disk. If you are facing issues installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview latest built 10041 through the Windows Update I suggest you to run the Window Update troubleshooter and then try to install it once again.

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

If you are still unable to install the update then you can click on the link given below and create an installation disk of Windows 10 Technical Preview latest built 10041.

Windows 10 Technical Preview 10041 ISO

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso-update-1503

Let us know if you need any other help from us. we will assist you further.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 18, 2022 Views 1,670 Applies to: