Curious about when the first slow build to RS3 will be released?

Ok, I know that expecting builds is kind of silly, but then ... look who is asking about it? ROFLOL :)

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Here is a useful site that enables you to sort through the various Insider and public Windows 10 builds that have been released. Based on what happened with the last build cycle, we might get a better guess as to how long it might be before any build is considered stable enough for Slow Ring.

https://changewindows.org/filter/pc/all/slow/day/true

Last time it was build 14931, which was compiled October 5, 2016, or about 2 months after the public release of 14393 on August 2, 2016.

Don

2012 Alienware Aurora R4 ALX
Intel i7-3960X, 32GB RAM, 250GB NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

If past practice is any indication, It may be as late as the end of May.  Dona Sarker stated recently that the Insider program team tries to flight one Slow Ring build per month.  In the cycle just ended the first Slow Ring flight was about two months into the cycle.  But the frequency of flights sped up during the past cycle based on our feedback so I doubt it will be two months on again this cycle.  The key is that Slow Ring builds must be especially stable.  Those are some of the factors I know about and from there it is a sheer guess.  It is up to the dev team to identify a good candidate build for Slow Ring.  The program has gotten pretty flexible and we got a Fast Ring build much sooner this cycle than any cycle before so just keep watching the Insider tweets and this forum.
Colin Barnhorst

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16170 for PC

A note of caution in the those notes;

"As we mentioned earlier this week, you won’t see many big noticeable changes or new features in new builds just yet. That’s because right now, we’re focused on making some refinements to OneCore and doing some code refactoring and other engineering work that is necessary to make sure OneCore is optimally structured for teams to start checking in code. This also means more bugs and other issues that could be slightly more painful to live with – so check your Windows Insider Program settings!"

So to me that would have a knock-on affect to Slow ring, meaning they might take longer to release Slow ring builds to me.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

According to Dona Sarker, the schedule for Slow Ring flights is "once a month."  Whether or not that will include this month depends on the stability of a build later in the month.  In the rs_2 cycle they flighted late in the month.
Colin Barnhorst

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 71 Applies to: