FIXED: Lumia Apps Not Updating in Win10? Read Here

As of Wednesday 11/25 this issue should be resolved.

We have completed the necessary changes/work on our end and users should now be able to update the Lumia apps as expected.

If you're still experiencing issues, please post up and share details.

Thanks,
Jason

(original message below)

-----------------------------------

Hello Insiders!

A topic of conversation that is getting a lot of attention is in relation to Lumia-specific apps not updating from the store.  We want to share some information that should give you insight as to what is happening.

User Experience:

Lumia apps are not updating (and showing various error codes) when trying to install or update on a device that has been upgraded to Win10.

Affected Devices:

Any Lumia device which is running a Win10 build

Affected Builds:

All Win10 builds installed on Lumia devices

Cause:

The Lumia-specific apps have not yet been ported into the Win10 store.

Solution and Plans:

At this time there is no workaround.  Until these apps are ported to the Win10 Store, users will not be able to reinstall or update these apps.

There is specific work underway for the Win10 store that has to be completed before these apps can be ported over.  While there is no stated date as for when this work will be completed, the appropriate efforts are underway.

We'll provide updates along the way as this work is completed and let users know when these apps will be available on Win10.

Thanks as always,
Jason

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

motion data error code0x803F8006 says up date available motion data in EXTRAS section opens and closes screen

glance screen inop after a hard reset

call & sms blocking missing

on Lumia 640 LTE running win 10 build10572.0

Precisely.  These are direct results of what I've noted above.

Hi Jason[MS] and all,

I just installed Mobile Build 10581, it took about 80 minutes and went (almost*) flawless.

After the install I got 22 updates in the Store, all of them relevant (i.e. no updates for uninstalled apps), and all succeeded without errors.

So the Store has certainly improved although I found one glitch, I cannot turn off Show products on tile, the setting (off) was persisted, but does not work (toggling it does not work either)

PS *) Almost, because the Phone installed the region's local language, overriding my en-US setting.

Founder of the STI Project

Hi Jason,

Makes sense what you said but, now on 10581 motion data doesn't update, yet, on previous builds I haven't had any problem with it. My wife's phone have motion data working good but the glance is stuck at updates...so, If it's a portability problem, shouldn't this errors and apps be the same for everyone? (besides glance of course).

Thanks in advance,

HLagoa

Hi Jason,

Makes sense what you said but, now on 10581 motion data doesn't update, yet, on previous builds I haven't had any problem with it. My wife's phone have motion data working good but the glance is stuck at updates...so, If it's a portability problem, shouldn't this errors and apps be the same for everyone? (besides glance of course).

Thanks in advance,

HLagoa

Hello Helder,

I have 10581 on a Lumia535 and a Lumia640XL in both cases all the 'Lumia'-apps installed fine.

You might try opening the Settings->Privacy->Motion settings and then try the update again, this seemed to help in the prior build

PS On your wife's phone: Settings->Extras->glance screen

Didn't updated...Gabriel Aul said it's an app issue so, there's nothing we can do besides wait. Lumia's apps are another interesting thing. I can't have the lumia selfie on my 930, but the 720 have it. The HERE drive+ is on 930 but can't find it on 720 (guess is out the store)

Didn't updated...Gabriel Aul said it's an app issue so, there's nothing we can do besides wait. Lumia's apps are another interesting thing. I can't have the lumia selfie on my 930, but the 720 have it. The HERE drive+ is on 930 but can't find it on 720 (guess is out the store)

UPDATE: Obsolete, See updated list in post Oct 31.

What a pity, the problem seems to be more phone-model specific as I thought. 

Yes, app's installed/available differ between models

Hanging Store updates:

--- removed---

Did I get that correct? Had to guess here and there.

I suppose you did try the usual soft-reset, but have you also tried a hard-reset?

Lumia 920 also can't update Glance Screen from the store.

Lumia 720 - Glance, HERE Drive+

Lumia 930 - Motion data

yep, I always perform a hard reset after installing new builds and never restore backups so it can't pull issues.

Known Hanging Store updates:

Lumia535 (10581)     - none

Lumia640XL (10581) - none

Lumia720 (???)          - Glance screen, HERE Drive+

Lumia920 (???)          - Glance screen

Lumia930 (10581)     - Motion Data

Limia1520 (???)         - Motion Data

This is not an official list as I am not 'official', feel free to contribute but don't feel you're required to OR that it will expedite a solution

Discussion Info

Last updated April 14, 2020 Views 2,866 Applies to: