Store & Store Apps do not connect to the internet

This is frustrating as it's the same problem I already have in my Windows 8 installation.

All the Store apps can't connect to the internet and only them, everything else can connect to the internet, the only Store app that can connect is the Email app. I have already:

1. Tried using the available troubleshooters (Store Apps) (Microsoft Account);
  2. Checked my Date & Time is correct and updated with the internet;
  3. Checked there's no proxy settings active;
  4. Switched my account from Microsoft to local and back to Microsoft account;
  5. Cleared Store and apps cache running some commands in cmd (can't remember exactly which); and
  6. Refreshed my PC, which worked for 1 day and then got back at not working. (and gave me a headache of having to reinstall all my software and set configurations)

Now I'm using Fiddler to connect them to the web, but it's not a nice solution as I have to keep opening it. Please Microsoft, you have to analyse this problem better as I found many already have this problem in Windows 8 and people are not going to like to have it on Windows 10.

Hi,

I appreciate that you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, it's unfortunate that the issue still persists.

If you are using a wireless connection, could you please try to connect via wired connection and check the issue.

Try installing all the updates from Windows Updates and check if it helps. This is to check if the issue is caused due to any issue with not installing latest updates or not. You may try this after restarting the computer.

Basic information about Apps:

a. UAC (User Account Control) must be enabled.

b. To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.

c. To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.

d. Proxy connections must be disabled.

Reference:

What are User Account Control settings?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-are-uac-settings

Important: User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect other users. We don't recommend turning User Account Control off. If you do turn it off, you should turn it back on as soon as possible.

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Kumar,

I checked using a wired connection and the problem persists.

Windows is up-to-date, my screen has 1366x768, meeting the minimum criteria, proxy really is disabled and UAC is turned on. I have two accounts in Win10 and one is in no-darkening setting and the other in the default setting.

I checked again and found some few apps that can connect. I would say apps which run as WWAHost have this problem, but other downloaded apps also have it. The only apps which work are:

Email (microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*.exe) (connection is with livecomm.exe);

People (microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*.exe) (connection is with livecomm.exe);

Calendar (WWAHost.exe) (connection is with livecomm.exe);

Maps (Maps.Windows.exe);

Photos (Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*.exe);

OneNote (Microsoft.Office.OneNote_*.exe);

Insider Hub (Microsoft.InsiderHub_*.exe);

Xbox App (XboxApp.exe);

Skype (WWAHost.exe);

and, unbelievable, old Store (WWAHost.exe).

I tried re-installing some apps but to no avail.

It probably doesn't help, but the new beta Store gives me the following error message:

TransportException_NameNotResolved

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Check if the issue persists in the new build 10041 Windows 10 Technical Preview. This new build comes with a collection of new functionality and bug fixes.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/03/18/windows-10-technical-preview-build-10041-now-available/

Do let us know the status of the issue. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, problem persists.

I've noticed I have not mentioned it, but live tiles work, they update fine. This may not help much, as it's a different process.

The apps themselves show content for few milliseconds, probably what's cached, and then show the message it can't connect.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

Do you have any third party security suite on the computer?

Try to download the latest Build and check if you still  have the same issue.

Follow the below link to download the latest build 10041 as an ISO:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/instructions-create-a-bootable-iso-file-using-esd/d2768b51-221a-436e-af4e-d3b9118a8864?tm=1426872904420 

Please keep us posted, we appreciate your patience. 

Vinz

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2021 Views 235 Applies to: