Microsoft Store Application Broken (or Missing) - Build 17110

***WORKAROUND LISTED BELOW***

Hello Insiders!

We launched build 17110 to WIP Fast this morning and have received a quick influx of feedback regarding the Microsoft Store application not functioning as expected.  There are several experiences being reported:

• Pinned tiles missing on Start
  • Missing pin from Taskbar
  • Application not showing in "All Apps" list / Start
  • Missing from Settings > Apps & Features

We are actively investigating these reports.  If you have this experience, please upvote the following feedback item:

https://aka.ms/B3qc03

More details will be share as they become available.  Hold tight!

Thank you,
Jason

***EDIT***  2018.02.28 @ 10:05am PST

Some users are reporting successful repair of the store with a powershell command listed further below in this thread.  While this is not an official MS workaround, it does seem to have fixed the issue for some users (it didn't for me unfortunately).

***EDIT*** 2018.02.28 2:20pm PST

***WORKAROUND***

If you are hitting this issue, please do the following:

1. Reboot your device
  2. Open Powershell (with Admin permissions)
  3. Paste in the following command:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

4. Reboot the device
  5. Store should now work

Let us know if this works for you!

Discussion Info

Last updated October 21, 2018 Views 31,048 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

+1 - saw this issue immediately after upgrading.

I went into Settings > Apps > Microsoft Store > Advanced > Reset and attempted to reset it, but instead it completely removed the app and didn't reinstall it.

Now doing a Windows reset on the device.

I got the same problem. After removing the store by using not recommended repair procedure, I got that fixed by running the following command:

add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11712.1001.20.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" 

(you may have to alter path according to your installed version)

Now the store is back and working!

FWIW it's working OK on my 17110 desktop (64 bit pro).

Don't know if this is what fixed it for me but I ran sfc /scannow and the DISM commands and the Store app was back in settings did a reset then went to Store in the Start menu and all works again.

I finally tried this and it worked for me. Thought I'd pass it along.

--------------------

Press Windows key + X 
Click Windows PowerShell (Admin) 
At the command prompt, type the following then hit Enter: 

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} 

Restart, then try launching the Store again.
---------------------
I did have to add the app back to start menu.

I found these instructions from Andre Da Costa at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/microsoft-store-app-missing/8b5f969a-9e5b-44cd-93f4-abd8a503c31c

--Dwayne

Upvoted.:)

I finally found the suggestion to try the command:

add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11712.1001.20.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" 

It did work to restore the store.

I got the same problem. After removing the store by using not recommended repair procedure, I got that fixed by running the following command:

(you may have to alter path according to your installed version)

Now the store is back and working!

I ran this command right after the update and store appears to be working normally.

Thank you.

Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011

I also had this problem, on 17110.  And I also clicked repair which completely removed it!  Yikes! 

But good news-- I was able to restore the Store by doing two things:

1. Run this command from PowerShell: 
    • add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11712.1001.20.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"
  2. At this point, I still wasn't seeing the Store app, but I was able to get it working again by opening the command prompt and run "wsreset".

Hope this helps others!

FWIW it's working OK on my 17110 desktop (64 bit pro).

You're the first Insider to report a working store!  What build did you update from?  Also, what language/region is your PC set to?

On my Acer, Win 10 Home, updated from 17107,

Store not working.

Please mark my posts as answers or helpful if they are.