web.vortex.data.microsoft.com

I've been having sporadic issues with this one over last week or so when I've been trying to access this and other answers.microsoft.com sites on my iPad. My iPad wants to open a t.asm file, but does not know how to handle it. The actual web site I'm being redirected to has an incredibly long address and I'm wondering if anyone has been experiencing this.

The address in question is:

https://web.vortex.data.microsoft.com/collect/v1/t.asm?ver='2.1'&name='Answers.Logging.PageView.ajaxRequest'&time='2016-10-03T20%3A30%3A44.712Z'&os='MacOS'&*baseType='Ms.Content.PageView'&-pageName='ViewLob'&-uri='https%3A%2F%2Fanswers.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Finsider%3Fauth%3D1'&*responseStatusCode=200&*requestUri='https%3A%2F%2Fanswers.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fprivatemessages%2Fmessagecount%3F_%3D1475526643647'&*method='GET'&*timeTaken=182&appId='JS%3Aanswers.microsoft.com'&ext-javascript-libVer='3.6.0'&ext-user-localId='t%3A063696137FEB6CD524AF9F897BEB6A2D'&sauth=1

Question Info

Last updated August 12, 2019 Views 11,893 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

On the another browser topic, I was having the same issue through another Mozilla type browser through another app on my iPad as well. It was not just the native Safari app to the iPad where I was experiencing the problem.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Which app?

I'm currently using Firefox browser purely to post on this forum, when I logged in a pop up appeared saying the MS terms & conditions had changed & to click to agree.

Virginia - Time Lady.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't own a mobile device and have little experience (if any) with Apple's current lineup. I don't even tend to carry my AM radio on my bike to hear the oldies station anymore. My old laptop has problems with the video, and it was an XP machine anyhow.

If Safari is no longer supported there is nothing I know about how to work around that, and likewise  I would like Rick-M to know that it's not a sin to name the specific Mozilla type browser he speaks of, and in fact if would help others who might like to find a solution if they too have the problem.

If I am to go on what I know from experience then it's probably in the process of being resolved by the parties that created that browser as much as anybody at Microsoft.

One thing I can probably say with confidence is that the one OS fits all concept has been abandoned with the Anniversary Update. Of course I never believed it was going to work in the first place...we've heard no end of lamentation about it since 10 was introduced.

I believe you are supposed to accept that download to use your Apple devices in the first place. I've seen it here with 7 and IE 11.

So it's not a security issue, it's miscommunication and probably a borked effort from MS.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

The app is called Azul. It's primarily a media player app that has a web browser built in. It does allow you to download media files directly into the player part of the program without the need of always having to do it through iTunes. 

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I SEE. So it's a necessary evil.

And you would get the pop-up possibly because for some browsers and mobile formats the blue band across the top of the screen wouldn't be readable or show well. To be honest, I don't even have to click that. Use of the site is implied consent to the terms and conditions.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

web.vortex.microsoft.com is what serves this site, and the t.asm is part of the signin routine.

Even I get it in History/cache and I'm using 7/IE 11.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

That may be the case, but the question still remains, what has changed recently so that one using an Apple i-Device cannot log-in and access this site reliably anymore?

·

Sorry this didn't help.

When you find out, let US know, it's garbage for Windows users too.

Actually, it's 125% the new email site platform. Period.

Sorry this didn't help.

I received an email reminder asking me if the problem has been resolved here. I've been sitting back and watching to see if the problem went away after the website maintenance that occurred to this site on the 15th. It's been good so far, at least until today, the 20th, that the problem has shown up again.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

For me when the site works it's good for a couple of days then web.votex.data returns. I am currently trying a workaround, I don't know whether this is coincidence or not but if I add a bookmark to chrome & sign in to the website Safari's version begins working within a few hours & continues working, will see if this still is the case after several days.
Virginia - Time Lady.

·

Sorry this didn't help.