Build 14951: Unable to sign into Apps with Microsoft Account (MSA)

Hello Insiders,

Heading into today's 14951 build for PC and Mobile, we wanted to make you aware of a known issue that is new to this build.  Here's the details:

Issue:

If you sign out or disconnect your Microsoft Account from common applications (Feedback Hub, Groove, MSN News, etc.), you will not be able to sign back into these applications.

If you are already signed in to your MSA before updating to 14951 and using these applications, you should not be affected after the update is completed.

Cause:

This was a regression bug we discovered during testing.  While it is painful if it, most users will not be impacted.

Workaround:

Most users will not need to take action as they will not hit this bug.  If you do encounter this situation after signing out, you will need to wait for a future build with a fix before using these applications once again.

Note:  We have not yet tested doing a device reset to see if entering your MSA during OOBE bypasses this issue.

Resolution:

This bug will be addressed in a future flight.

If you have any questions about this bug, please share them below.

Thank you as always,
Jason

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Insiders,

Heading into today's 14951 build for PC and Mobile, we wanted to make you aware of a known issue that is new to this build.  Here's the details:

Issue:

If you sign out or disconnect your Microsoft Account from common applications (Feedback Hub, Groove, MSN News, etc.), you will not be able to sign back into these applications.

If you are already signed in to your MSA before updating to 14951 and using these applications, you should not be affected after the update is completed.

Cause:

This was a regression bug we discovered during testing.  While it is painful if it, most users will not be impacted.

Workaround:

Most users will not need to take action as they will not hit this bug.  If you do encounter this situation after signing out, you will need to wait for a future build with a fix before using these applications once again.

Note:  We have not yet tested doing a device reset to see if entering your MSA during OOBE bypasses this issue.

Resolution:

Thank you as always,
Jason

Install this update on version 14393.321 not possible.

Tips how to resolve the problem.

Windows defender update error - Microsoft Community

4570 20GB 2xGT 730 4x SSD UEFI mode
Lenovo ThinkCentre M93p Tower
4570,ASUS H81M-K,16GB,ASUS R9 380,SSDs

Tips how to resolve the problem.

Windows defender update error - Microsoft Community

Your tips are wrong. I had this problem already along 14946 build. This is since a week ago. According Jason should be resolved later this week.

Hello Insiders,

Issue:

Cause:

Workaround:

Resolution:

Thank you as always,
Jason

Build 14951:
I tried an upgrade install of Windows 10 Home Insider Preview and the Mail App worked properly.  I then took the ESD file and used that to create a clean install to a new disk of Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview. I made sure that I used my MSA account during OOBE.  The Mail App also works fine that way.

So in response to your statement about testing "if entering your MSA during OOBE bypasses this issue", the answer seems to be Yes, it works fine if you do that.  I did not try creating only a Local Windows account during OOBE and afterwards switching to an MSA login.

EDIT: I did another install of 14951 Pro after formatting my partition and this time I used a Local login during the OOBE setup. I later switched to my MSA login. Everything still works fine with Mail and my Microsoft Account. Feedback Hub, Groove, News, all recognize my MSA as normal. If you had not posted this, I would have never noticed any issue, even with a clean install of this build.

Don

2012 Alienware Aurora R4 ALX
Intel i7-3960X, 32GB RAM, 250GB NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690

Hello Insiders,

Issue:

Cause:

Workaround:

Resolution:

Thank you as always,
Jason

This build is unable to download even after whole day it says downloading 0% . Please fix it.

So i installed the build, update for Feedbackhub was done via Store update and now i can sign, even after turning phone off and on again. Tried sign but no-go.

I came to this build from production software.

Exactly how do you "get signed out"? I was in the Feedback Hub in the prior build. I never signed out. Now I can't access it. If this is happening to me, it is happening to a LARGE number of users.

I was logged into the Feedback Hub before applying this current build.

After the build installed, I was no longer logged into the Feedback Hub.

(It would not surprise me that I was no longer logged in as, my machine rebooted a few times. )

I am not quite sure how I would prevent myself being logged out of the service.

Have same problem with Feedback Hub, however never signed out of account.  Was initially working, but next time trying to access requested sign in but never accepted. 

Hello Insiders,

Issue:

Cause:

Workaround:

Resolution:

Thank you as always,
Jason

I was signed in with my MSA before upgrading and I can no longer sign in to Feedback Hub. The Groove and News apps are fine. Just Feedback Hub so far.

David

Discussion Info

Last updated October 5, 2020 Views 2,867 Applies to: